How To Fertilize Your Lawn
FERTILIZER PROGRAMS FOR EACH SOD TYPE
* Woerner recommends annual pH testing and adjustment in accordance with soil test recommendations.
* Any suitable organic based fertilizer may be subsituted for any single scheduled application.
* Supplemental Iron applications can yield deep green color.
* Routine scheduled application of insecticides, fungicides, and herbicides are recommended to aid in the prevention of weeds, insects and disease.
* Product combinations of fertilizer and weed control may be utilized but Woerner recommends separate applications to target specific issues as they occur.
* Chinch Bugs are typically active during the months June thru Sept. Monitor and apply appropriate pesticide as lable recommends.
* Application of pesticides are indicated during summer months as these months are when pest issues are most likely to be exposed. These applications may or may not be necessary depending on individual situations.